Every child takes upon their parent either by characteristics or lifestyle habits.
I guess the reason why I am who I am now was because I never had anyone to accompany me since young.
By accompanying, that is to say study with me, eat with me, play with me and other normal daily activities. That is why I'm always out, looking for activities to keep me occupied. For I guess that was what I taught myself to shield myself away from the loneliness monster.
My mum, sis and dad never had time for me.
They were mostly occupied with work and just work.
They never wanted to waste time (which we could also say spend time in a nicer manner) playing with me. If they were to bring me out or anything, it will always be for a purpose.
For example, I have to go for abacus classes, tkd classes, get groceries, go out for dinner because no one is cooking.
Maybe this is why I always need to know what am I going to do and where am I going to feel secure and to know what will I be encountering.
Saying that, always being out has exposed me to a great variety of people, which I've learnt since young to never trust anyone easily.
And maybe that's the reason why I used to be very quiet and reserved with my actions.
However, I was fortunate enough to meet some really great people in my life to show me that kindness is everywhere and comes in every single form.
I believe that I am actually an introverted person, for that was what I am until secondary 2 where circumstances forced me to force myself to appear to be an extroverted person.
I guess the change was good, but I know that that's just my form of self defense.
Now that things have changed, I have to change the way I react to my environment.
But is it really necessary?
That is what I loathe about life.
Just as you were adapting to things, life changes.
I guess, this is also what makes life interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment