Thursday, September 15, 2011

First day of SIP was alright I guess.
First few hours was making myself feel at home which I think it really did helped cause I started cleaning my table? LOL and then when I got bored at my place I started wandering to the library of the office to look at the books.
When I'm seated at my desk, no one bothers about me, and when I decided to go to the washroom, someone looks for me. -.- Let's hope they don't think I'm slacking! HAHA

I'm almost directly infront of the pantry, haha so getting water and stuffs will be very convenient for me, but..I don't eactly know this place well yet, so I'm not going to the pantry frequently yet HAHA.
I guess a good thing about this is that since my table is near the pantry, I get to break the ice with everyone in the office by greeting them every morning.

Somehow, I feel that my lawyer may be regretting his choice of hiring me LOL.
I made some mistakes even on simple stuffs like Enc and CC clients and faxing out the entire document and not just the letter to the client and some other minute stuffs.
But that goes to show how careless I am right? =/
I hope that I won't perform so badly anymore haha..
I'm doing mainly civil litigation for now, but the thing is...I'm not very good in civil procedure!
I don't exactly know how and what to do for civ pro..and now I'm doing this!
Oh man...but I know that after this, I will get to learn alot of things for I already found my first day very fulfilling.
I won't say that I'm like the busiest among all interns or what because I don't think I am, but at least I have sufficient stuffs up my hands to be completed.

The people here are generally all very nice and friendly.
Was treated for lunch at Raffles hotel by a lawyer together with another lawyer and a secretary. They are humourous. No airs going around at all when it's out of work. (y)
I'm looking forward to BEING at work everyday but not GOING to work because of the crazy morning crowd and waking up at 6.50am which I have yet to be able to do so.

Even though I have only been through a day at work only, I'm enjoying it and I've learnt quite a bit of things.
Knowing the answers for our exams are not everything, when it comes to applying to our daily life, it looks all so different.

For checking purposes when doing my report haha.
Drafted letters of demand, notification and writ of summon so far.
Should try to be more efficient instead of taking my time in doing like in school before the deadline given because there is no deadline here.

No comments: