Read this somewhere on FB posted by my friend on the internet.
You shout at one another in a heated argument even when you can be side by side because of the distance of the two hearts, to make sure that the other heart can hear your heart.
But when two hearts are close to one another, you will naturally just talk softly and gently, whisper or even not have to say anything for your messages can be communicated without having it to be said verbally.
Had alot of thoughts about this after I read it.
Received some comments from my relatives or mum's friend during the short winter break when I was back in Singapore that I am independent now, but I know that I'm not.
I wouldn't have say that I have truly learnt to be independent because I know that I'm not. Especially so if one were to judge independence based on monetary terms. I'm not even able to provide for myself.
Apart from not wanting my mum and sis to worry for me, I guess the main reason why I was able to maintain my silence and distance from my mum and sis was because I was afraid of getting hurt once more. Not that they hurt me, but because I was afraid of getting hurt even more when I have yet to recover from other injuries, which was why I refuse to place myself vulnerable, as I know that they are the ones who will be able to hurt me most greatly, which in return made me selfish.
However, I guess its changing for I now want to pull the distance of my mum's and sis's heart even closer to me. And I know, doing this will in return definitely make me be more vulnerable to getting hurt even more in the future. But I know that now is not the time for me to be selfish anymore for they are the one who deserves the most of my time. Not to forget, the care and concern that I want to give to them, will probably be the only thing I can give to them.
It used to be out of sight, out of mind. But now, I guess it's absence makes the heart fonder.
No comments:
Post a Comment