My morning had been spent fruitfully today.
However, it wasn't really a happy one.
I went to the Supreme court this morning to watch my mum's boss appeal.
She could not represent the case as she was involved in the case; which I think she could definitely do a better job defending herself.
I went there with much anticipation, but only to be given disappointment.
Her attorney wasn't able to handle certain questions shot to him by the judge, and couldn't provide some of the evidence on the spot, the defendant even gave an answer to the judge before he did. =/
I guess he hadn't really studied the case well.
But I don't fancy the defendant, I find that she's a downright liar.
But reality is such isn't it?
You have to twist and turn the facts to protect your client.
I like the judges though, they do have a sense of humour, are alert, etc..
Apart from the fact that they didn't overturn the verdict because they didn't want to put the judge in charge of the case previously in a spot.
But what is this man?
One appeals in the hope of getting a fair trial and verdict, but yet the reason for why they fail is often dubious.
Sometimes, judges can't do anything either because of the law.
Law and justice can be relatives, but also, they can be enemies as well.
The session went on for 2hours plus today.
I was surprised in the beginning because the plantiff(aunty tuan's attorney) went on speaking for an hour and then the defendant went on for another hour.
I was a little amazed that there wasn't any rebuttal while he was saying his case.
Aunty tuan had a glow on her when I first met her in the morning, but the glow seem to be lost after she lost the case. =/
I am disappointed by today's outcome as well though it doesn't really concern me.
No comments:
Post a Comment